Posted on 27 August 2011 by GillRider
PAX Prime 2011 is the place for all the latest hands-on and news announcements of big titles.
But if you’ve followed our event coverages in the past, one thing you should know by now is that we cover games that deserve your attention, but often get looked over. And Crimson: Steam Pirates fits perfectly into this category.
Crimson: Steam Pirates is a touch-screen based game for the iPad. And before you roll your eyes and jump to any mislead conclusions, let us be clear that it’s not just another typical, easy-to-play casual game; it definitely has something to offer for us mid/hardcore gamers.
Basically, the game is a turn-based strategy game. On each turn, you can map out plans and command your ships. You can simply attack enemies or repair your damaged ship, etc. Though the game mechanics have depth, the whole gameplay experience is simple and intuitive, thanks to the touch-screen control. We’re sure that most of you guys have played touch-screen games and know what we’re talking about.
So, is this game worth mentioning? The simple answer is yes. Tablet PC being one of the fastest growing market right now, we believe that Crimson: Steam Pirates is a positive showcase not only for casual gamers, but mid and hardcore gamers as well. Turn-based strategy game with simple interface and control, with interesting world concept – how often do you get to play the game which has both “steam” and “pirates” in its title?
The first chapter/act of the game will be available for free, and is scheduled for a September 1, 2011 release. We will let you know more about it as soon as we get more information. If you’re attending PAX Prime 2011 and want to play the demo, visit booth 682.
Posted on 14 February 2011 by GillRider
BattleNoidz HD is now available for the iPad.
For those not familiar, the premise goes something like this:
Humanity created ever more powerful and sophisticated war machines to fight ever more destructive wars, until one day only the machines were left. These machines continued to do the only thing they were programmed to, and so an endless war waged on.
After centuries of conflict, only two opposing forces are left, each commanded by a different builds of robot.
These robots now struggle for possession of the last remaining energy sources they need to function.
- Different missions offer diverse gameplay, from search and rescue to all-out shoot ‘em up!
- Different types of enemies, and every type of on-screen opponent has specialized AI.
- Pilot a spaceship AND leave your ship to run and gun on the ground.
- Use strategy as you gather power pyramids, defend your base, and advance against your opponent.
- How high can you go? Get your high score on the level leaderboard.
- Beautiful Full 3d characters and game environment.
Posted on 20 December 2010 by GillRider
Samurai II: Vengeance is now available, for 48 hours, for $0.99!
For those not familiar with the game (I was one of them), is basically a hack-and-slash on the iPhone/iPad. Just take a look at the screenshots and you’ll get the idea. It looks pretty awesome.
The only concern I would have would be the controls, and how tight and user friendly they are. But hey, for $0.99, it’s definitely worth a try!
Samurai II: Vengeance features:
• Quick and gory battle sequences: hordes of on-screen enemies will fall to your devastating attacks.
• Intuitive virtual joystick ensures you’re slicing up baddies, not randomly swiping the screen.
• Avoid dangerous traps and solve puzzles – the combat never takes a back-seat to platforming.
• Between levels, gorgeous hand drawn comic panels tell the samurai’s tale.
• New score-attack survival mode lets players hone their swordplay skills.
• Apple Game Center support with leaderboards and achievements.
Samurai II: Vengeance is carving up the App Store, available for a limited time at a mere $0.99. This Universal App is compatible with iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 3G, and iPad.
Posted on 15 December 2010 by GillRider
So we’ve seen Guinness World Record Apps come out before. But today, Guinness World Records announced that Guinness Wolrd Records: At Your Fingertips, the new updated and enhanced version of the app for the iPad, will include an even bigger and expansive database, and the best update of all, a chance to set your own Guinness World Record! In fact you have three chances!
This is awesome. You can carve your name, not only in video gaming, but the Guinness history, from the comfort of your own home!
The categories are as follows:
- Fastest 100m on an iPad – take on the world’s fastest man as your fingers go tip-to-toe with Usain ‘Lighting’ Bolt and attempt to break his 9.58-second record
- Fastest alphabet backwards – speed typing the alphabet forwards is one thing, but typing backwards will need a quick mind and even quicker fingers!
- Longest sequence memorised – a memory endurance test where the noises are inspired by real human sounds
Basically, Guinness will keep a Leaderboard for each challenge, and who makes it to the actual Guinness Book of World Records will be announced on May 1st, 2011.
As mentioned above, the app will come with a whole host of other features including:
- Delivers more than 150 photographs, 140 records and 20 stunning video clips under the topic areas Tallest, Strangest, Most, Deadliest, Fastest, Craziest and Most Expensive.
- Stunning CGI-video allowing users to explore the Bloodhound Supersonic – which is set to be the fastest car on earth – in a record preview before it has been constructed
- Rotating 360° image of the Aurumania Gold Bike Crystal Edition which is made of 24-carat gold and 600 Crystallized Swarovski elements
- Optimised for iOS 4.2 making the most of the iPad experience with dazzling full screen video and never-before-seen images
- 3-D effect parallax scrolling combined with interactive features showcasing the iPad’s touchscreen technology
- Hot-spot images with hidden facts and figures, plus exclusive interviews with famous record holders – including Lucky Diamond Rich, the world’s most tattooed man
Posted on 04 October 2010 by GillRider
That’s right! It’s free! Chiktionary for the iPad is currently available and free for download… well, initially anyways.
Basically, the game requires the player to unscramble a set of letters and create as many words as possible. Almost like Text Twist. The more words you come up with, the more points you get.
The game will give you 24 puzzles to start out with, for free. You can then make an in-app purchases for additional puzzle packs for $0.99.
Check out the features list:
- A new Halloween theme to get you in the mood for the spooky season! More themes to come, too.
- A beautiful design and intuitive game play.
- Feelin’ scrambled? Shake your iPad to shuffle your chickens and get a new look at your word options. Yes, this game is PETA friendly and no chickens were injured in the making of this game — so shake away!
- Select and drag hens to different positions in the hen house to help you complete the full puzzle.
- Save game, local scoreboards, and worldwide scoreboards.
- Earn Eggchievements for crazy stuff, like playing a dozen games after midnight.
- Not an Egghead? Use the green word indicator to help you find a smaller word while spelling a larger word; the indicator lights up when the game detects a word you can submit.
Posted on 16 September 2010 by GillRider
Bram Stoker’s Dracula returns in digital format as an interactive eBook on the iPad!
As you can see, it looks pretty intense. This Dracula will be the first eBook built from the ground up on a game engine. Seeing this trailer got me very excited to see some of the other literary classics, such as Frankenstein, or even Moby Dick in an interactive eBook form. This could open up a whole new door to interactive literature!
Posted on 17 August 2010 by ClassicMoments
If you loved Tilt to Live on your iPod touch or iPhone, and have iPad, there’s a good new for you; Tilt to Live HD is coming for your iPad.
Yes, everything will be in higher resolution, but graphical update won’t be the only upgraded feature. You’ll get larger arena space, new weapon effects, control specially optimized for your iPad. And cool thing about this version is that there’s going to be a free of charge demo available for you to try it out. The price will be $3.99 and will be released on sometime in September.
Posted on 16 August 2010 by GillRider
Alawar Entertainment released Vampire Saga: Pandora’s Box, a mystery thriller for the iPhone/iPad.
The game puts you in the role of Matthew Ward, a young man who’s stolen away on a cargo ship to escape the Spanish-American War. After passing out, he wakes up to find himself alone with several sinister-looking coffins, and its your job as Matthew to find out what’s going on by searching for hidden objects and unfolding the mystery.
Vampire Saga will be available at the App store for $2.99 for iPhone/iPod Touch, and for $6.99 for the iPad. A lite version is also available for all devices. Check it out!
Posted on 05 July 2010 by GillRider
Paradise Quest makes its HD debut on the iPad. Ok, ok. So this game is not the most unique game, but let’s face it; all types of Match-3 puzzle games are fun. But in case you guys were just dying to know what the features are for this game, here it is:
- ENHANCED HD GAMEPLAY! Paradise Quest on iPad combines the high definition graphics of the PC game and the intuitive touch controls of the iPhone version, offering the most fun and addictive puzzle experience on iPad!
- A PUZZLE WITH A REVOLUTIONARY TWIST! An exciting take on the ever-popular Match-3 puzzle genre: each match you make moves you smoothly across the puzzle board. Explore the map to find special items and complete your mission through dozens of levels!
- AN EXCITING TROPICAL ADVENTURE Play as renowned ecologist Dr Evan Finch to restore the majestic island of Isabela to its former beauty. Collect natural resources to revive lush vegetation, restore a mighty animal kingdom, and uncover the ancient artifacts of a lost Galapagos civilization.
- TOP-NOTCH PRODUCTION VALUES Marvel at the lush beauty of tropical environments and wonderful creatures of the Galapagos. Enjoy brilliantly colorful graphics, enchanting sound effects and dazzling animations!
- CHALLENGE FRIENDS! Multiplayer mode lets users challenge their friends by playing iPad vs. iPad or iPad vs iPhone/iPod.
- THE QUEST CONTINUES! Unlock the Paradise Nights Extra Levels Pack to play 20 new addicting levels. The fun never stops!
Posted on 15 March 2010 by GillRider
Looking to score yourself an iPad? Then get yourself a copy of Doodle Run! Apple will be rewarding the holder of the highest score on Doodle Run an iPad! That is quite an awesome prize, considering the fact that it’ll cost you at least $499.
For those not familiar, Doodle Fun is a side-scrolling action through a doodle world where you can move doodle objects, ride vehicles and shoot zombies as you try to stay alive as long as possible.
Doodle Run can be downloaded here, and for more details and contest rules, click here.
Posted on 29 January 2010 by ClassicMoments
It was matter of time that Apple coming up with the iPad, the Apple tablet device.
And we can say for the same about games coming to iPad.
Paradox Interactive announced that through the mobile developer HeroCraft, they will be releasing Majesty to the Apple’s latest tech. gadget, iPad.
Honestly, we do not know how iPad will change the gaming industry, but it sure will be fun to watch how iPad can contribute to the mobile gaming world.
No words on exact release date, but we’ll let you know as soon as we get the number.