Adventure Game Studio (AGS), the same engine behind retro-styled adventures like Gemini Rue and the Blackwell mysteries, is putting on its first ever indie game “bake sale” for the sole purpose of raising money for an awesome charity, Child’s Play. Child’s Play is a great organization/charity that helps give sick kids the chance to play video games.
The AGS Bake Sale Bundle consists of 14 unique and individual games showcasing the different styles of each author as well as the diversity of the AGS engine, as these aren’t all just “adventure” games. It consists of a wide variety of games across a few different genres. Here’s a sampling of the indie games included in the “bake sale bundle:
- 9 Months In: a traditional adventure game about a pregnant woman in prison trying to clear her name before her child is born.
- Indiana Rodent and the Raiders of the Lost Cheese: the biggest, most ambitious platform game ever made with AGS (quite an accomplishment considering the engine wasn’t created with Mario-style platforming in mind!)
- Escape The Barn: a classic “escape the room” puzzle game, suitable for all ages.
- RAM Ghost: an adorable virtual house simulator in the style of Little Computer People. Adopt an abandoned, unloved bit of code floating in the endless sea of information and tend to it in the hopes that it will one day grow up to be a proper program.
- Abner The Amazing: a fantasy adventure in which a boastful knight and his sidekick must find out who stole all the colors and left the world a grainy black and white.
- Zombie Attack: a top-down retro arcade shooter that has you battling waves of monsters, accumulating power-ups, gathering weapons, and unlocking new characters – all in a desperate attempt to stop the forces of evil from taking over the earth.
You can see the full list of bundled games on the AGS Bake Sale website: http://www.agsbakesale.com (note: all games are PC only).
The Bake Sale bundle has “pay what you want” pricing, with one small caveat: a minimum of $1.50 is required to cover payment processing. Beyond this, any money donated goes straight to Child’s Play to give sick kids a bit of gaming cheer. The developers themselves aren’t making a cent – they’ve pitched in their time, their talents, and their bandwidth to raise some money for a really good cause.
This bake sale runs from Jan 20, 2012 – Feb 29, 2012. So what are you waiting for? Donate now to give some sick kids the chance to run around Gotham City, experience the power of a Dragonborn, solve puzzles in Aperture Science’s labs, etc. The distraction will only help their healing process! http://www.agsbakesale.com