A popular MMO adventure game, Free Realms, gets an update called “Goal Time.”
I don’t think it’s common to get a soccer-related update for an MMO game, but since World Cup is coming, and one of the most popular sports around the world is soccer, I guess it was a good move for them.
If you haven’t heard about the game, here’s the feature list:
• Experience a vibrant new world that’s an exciting mix of real-world and fantasy.
• Be a wizard one day, and a warrior the next, without having to make a new character.
• Join your friends in the game and adventure with them, wherever they are, no matter how long they have been playing.
• When you’re ready for some excitement, head out to the wilderness and battle challenging enemies like giant spiders and forest trolls in fast-paced, strategic battlegrounds.
• Cooperate with or compete against other players in battle!
• Explore, quest, and collect items that you can wear, use or display.
• Play a wide variety of mini-games to craft armor, weapons, potions, clothes, furniture, and many other items.
• Grab a root beer at the inn and hang out with your friends while a rock band plays on the stage.
• Interact with humorous, unique characters, become their friends and receive emails from them!
• Raise a dog or cat and teach it to be the kind of pet you want–shy, brave, or funny.
• Decorate your own house and grow a variety of plants and flowers.
• Send links, share images and videos, and chat with friends from your own, personal, customizable social networking page!
Free Realms is free to begin with, and has a microtransaction system for you to make more characters, multiple logins with family members and such. If you’re not too familiar with MMO games but would like to try it out casually, this game might be a jump starter for you. You can visit their website for more info - http://www.freerealms.com